Emburse Analytics User Types and Roles
User access to the various features of Emburse Analytics depends on role and user type, as well as your organization's subscription level. This article explains roles and user types, as well as how to assign roles, user types, and permissions.
See User Management Admin Screen to learn how to manage licenses and user types and view the access capabilities of each user type by subscription level.
User Types and Roles
- Administrator: Administrators have access to the User Management admin screen in Emburse Analytics. At least one user must be assigned as an Emburse Analytics Administrator. See "Assign Administrator Role Permissions," below, for details.
- Non-Administrator: Standard users of Emburse Analytics with no additional administrative privileges.
Please Note: A user with administrator permissions in another Emburse product is not always the same individual who is assigned the Administrator user type in Emburse Analytics.
- Viewer: This is the is the default user type for all Emburse Analytics users. Viewers may view existing reports and dashboards.
- Creator: Users with the Creator user type may build custom reports using company data and organize those reports into folders for Viewers to see.
Assign Administrator Role Permissions
Each Emburse product handles administrator access differently.
In Certify Expense or AP, anyone with a Certify Administrator role is also an Emburse Analytics Administrator by default.
A Chrome River Administrator must grant users Emburse Analytics Administrator permissions in the Chrome River Security settings.
Under Security > Access Permissions select or create the appropriate policy. Click Edit, then scroll down to the Admin section and, under Analytics, check "Emburse Analytics Administration." Click Save.
For more details, see Access Permissions Admin in the Chrome River Help Center.
In Emburse Spend, anyone with an Administrator role is also an Emburse Analytics Administrator by default.
Assign Creator and Viewer Permissions
Each Emburse product handles Creator and Viewer access differently.
All Certify users with access to Emburse Analytics are Viewers by default. Creator access may be assigned to certain roles via the User Management admin screen.
Chrome River users must be granted Creator or Viewer permissions via the People admin screen or Person data feed in order to access Emburse Analytics.
In the Analytics section of the person record, select one of the following from the User Type drop-down:
- For Viewer access, select Basic User.
- For Creator access, select Advanced User.
For more information on the Person data feed, see "Data Feed Specifications" in the Chrome River Help Center.
Once a user has been granted this permission in their Person record, they can log in to Emburse Analytics.
All Emburse Spend users with access to Emburse Analytics are Viewers by default. Creator access may be assigned to certain roles via the User Management admin screen.